New Features Edit
- New quests, weapons, choices, NPCs, spells, resources.. basically new everything (and a longer lifetime, too!)
- New weapon types : there will be more than swords!
- The ascii art is completely new and was designed specially for Candy Box 2
- Keyboard shortcuts to access the different tabs and to do actions in quests
- A lot of surprises
- The ascii art will be placed under the CC BY-ND 3.0 license, which means you'll be able to use the art in your own projects if you want to (without paying anything).
- The game code will be placed under the free software license GPLv3, which means you will be able to change the software to suit your needs, share the software, and share the changes you make.
- Both local and online saving will be possible, to allow offline playing.
- The game will be compatible with low resolutions and I'll try to make it compatible with smartphones and tablets as much as possible, but keep in mind it will always be better to play on a computer (if you want to be fast in quests, you'll need keyboard shortcuts)
- New ASCII art
- More quests & weapons
- More Easter Eggs
- Auto-save feature (automatic game save every 10 minutes)
- Keyboard shortcuts
- A downloadable, offline version where internet connection is not required
- An authentication system (likely including accounts, i.e. user/password)
- Both global and personal statistics
- Compatibility with smartphones
- "squirrels !!"
- The play will have more choices in gameplay, "a bit like in a RPG"
- Code will be cleaner
- The python server will be a public repository
- The server and the client WILL be free software
- Multiplayer arena battles.
Release Date Edit
It has been released. Play it on candybox2.net
Start of the gameEdit
The player starts off with the Candy counter and the classic button "Eat all the Candies" with the keyboard shortcut of "E". After the player recieves 10 or more candies the player gets the button "Throw 10 candies on the ground" with the shortcut "T". After throwing 1630 candies you earn a chocolate bar. However, if the player has the patience and recieves more than 30 candies, a new button appears "Request a new feature to the developer (30 candies)". Once the player clicks this button, a status bar is unlocked above, and replaces the button with "Request another one (5 candies)". After you click this button you are able to change the language on the status bar, and when the player clicks "Request once again (5 candies)", a save tab appears, and another button "Request for something more exicting (5 candies) you recieve a health bar. Once the player clicks "Final request! This one has to be worth the candies. (10 candies)" you recieve a map tab in the status bar.